I am thrilled to announce that “Lullaby of the butterfly” has been officially selected at the 21st Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival in Bristol UK. This is the second time one of my films is selected at this prestigious Festival (DEAD END was part of 19th Encounters) and I am particularly proud.
Encounters Festival presents one of the world’s leading International Competitions for short film and animation, and is also an official gateway to the world’s most prestigious awards: The BAFTAs, European Film Awards and Cartoon D’Or and a qualifying festival for The Academy Awards®. Each year the Encounters Festival Grand Prix winners qualify for consideration in the Short Film category of the Annual Academy Awards®. Filmmakers screening in competition are eligible for BAFTA nomination, and our EFA and Cartoon D’or nominees can go on to receive these top awards later in the year. Over 2,000 films are submitted each year, and only around 200 are selected to screen in competition during the festival. This year it takes place 15-20 September.
And since I haven’t posted anything in a while the film has been officially selected in a number of other festivals around the world (since my last post).
– Clare Valley Film Festival in Australia presented Lullaby of the butterfly in a Special edition program on 30 May 2015.
– Rencontre de Film Marocain a Fès Maroc (20th edition) in Fès, Morocco officially selected the film (3-6 June 2015)
– Los Angeles Greek Film Festival (9th edition) in Los Angeles California (3-7 June 2015) officially selected the film and it presented it as the USA Premiere. It was one of the Festivals that I managed to attend and represent the film. The screening took place at the Egyptian Theatre in the heart of Hollywood.
–Mediterranean Film Festival Split (8th edition) in Split, Croatia (5 -13 June 2015) officially selected the film
– Very proud once again that Helsinki International Film Festival ‘Love & Anarchy’ has invited one of my films for competition. This year will be the 28th edition of the Festival in Helsinki Finland (17-27 Sept. 2015).
– And again proud to be part of the Mediterranean Short Film Festival of Tangiers (13th edition) in Tangiers, Morocco (5-10 Oct. 2015) as part of the official selection